Location: Springfield, MA Category: Adjunct Posted On: Tue Jan 9 2018 Job Description:
- Position Code: ADJOL
- Job Type: PT Adjunct-Non Teaching Role
- Type of class: Online
- Class level: Undergraduate
- Project Start Date: 03/05/2018
- Project End Date: 05/15/2018
This is not a teaching role. Responsibilities include curating content and locating OER resources for an online adaptive learning platform, which includes:
- Curate and create content for integration into the adaptive learning platform;
- Curate and create objective formative assessments for the adaptive learning experience;
- Find and generate high quality OER content–text, videos, images, interactive exercises, etc.–that will serve as the primary and alternate learning material in the adaptive learning platform;
- Implement templates and standards as provided by the University;
- Conduct a review of the developed course content for quality assurance;
- Follow copyright principles;
- Follow ADA requirements;
- Facility with technology, and motivation for learning and sharing new tools.
PSY 216 Psychology of Cultural Diversity This course is designed to assist, encourage, and challenge students to develop more fully their awareness and knowledge of self and others in a culturally pluralistic society. Basic concepts and ideas that are relevant to multicultural human service and development will be introduced. Culture and environment will be discussed as interactive experiences and basic dimensions of diverse groups will be explored. Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree required.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones’ own.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Additional Information:Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.