The instructor would introduce students to major problems in philosophy through texts ranging from classical to contemporary. Questions such as, “What can I know?”, “Do I have free will?” and “What is the meaning of life?” will be examined. Students gain basic familiarity with philosophy’s methods of inquiry, analysis, and criticism. Online course development required. Possible opportunities for additional upper-level philosophy courses in the future.
About Prof360 | ProfHire:
When you apply through Prof360 (ProfHire), one application can put you forward for multiple opportunities. We connect your profile to multiple universities and colleges looking for your unique qualifications. By completing your Prof360 profile, you could be considered for any number of potential part-time faculty openings, not just the job opening that led you here.
We are much more than a job board.
For further information go to http://profhire.com/applicant
- Must have a demonstrated ability to teach Intro to Philosophy online.
- Prior use of Blackboard a plus.
- Experience developing online courses preferred.
- Two plus years of relevant teaching experience required.
- Three years of relevant professional experience.
Go to https://profhire.com/login/signup
– Complete the About You tab.
– In the Documents tab upload your C.V. or resume, university transcripts of your highest and other relevant degrees (can be unofficial), and the names and e-mail addresses of three references.