Location: San Antonio, TX Category: Adjunct Faculty Posted On: Fri Jan 19 2018 Job Description:
The Theology & Spiritual Action program, located in College of Arts and Sciences at Our Lady of the Lake University in the San Antonio Campus, seeks a part-time instructor of Theology & Spiritual Action to teach Mexican American Spirituality or Interreligious Dialogue/Religions of the World beginning Spring 2018, January 16, 2018.
The course(s) to be taught:
- THSA 2380 Interreligious Dialogue and Religions of the World, Tuesdays, 5:15-8pm
- THSA 3362 Mexican Americans: Their Spiritual Foundations, Wednesdays, 5:15-8pm
- Master’s Degree in Theology or Religious Studies.
- Experience working with a wide demographic of student, specifically including Mexican American and first generation undergraduate students.
- Experience teaching classes that focus on Mexican American history, Inter-faith or interreligious dialogue,spirituality, contextual theologies and religious history.
- Commitment to the development of students from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Affirmation of the vision and mission of Our Lady of the Lake University.
For questions about the position contact: Dr. Oswald Nira, Associate Professor and Program Head of Theology and
Spiritual Action, firstname.lastname@example.org; 210-431-6593
Employment with Our Lady of the Lake University is contingent upon the applicant undergoing a background investigation.
OLLU seeks to attract, develop and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administrators. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. EOE
Our Lady of the Lake University uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.