Location: Concord, MA Category: Adjunct Posted On: Fri Dec 8 2017 Job Description:
- Position Code: ADJFC
- Job Type: Part-time Adjunct
- Type of class: On Ground
- Class level: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: Semester runs from 2/18/18 through 6/23/18
- Class schedule: Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM (March 17th, April 8th, May 6th, May 19th, and June 10th
- Duration of class: 3 credit hours
- Time of class: Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM (March 17th, April 8th, May 6th, May 19th, and June 10th
- Location: Concord, MA
This course will present an overview of research and theories which relate to the teaching of writing, provide educators with the information necessary to teach all students, Grades K-adult, in the process for organizing and expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written language, review methods for incorporating the arts, and view a number of assessments, both formal and informal, authentic and standardized, that can be used to assess writing. Job Requirements:
- Degree requirements for position: Masters Degree in Education or related field.
- Previous teaching experience: K12 teaching & higher education teaching experience (3 years min.)
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Additional Information:Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.