Location: EAST LONGMEADOW, MA Category: Adjunct Posted On: Thu Dec 14 2017 Job Description:
- Position Code: ADJFC
- Job Type: Part-time Adjunct
- Type of class: On ground
- Class level: Graduate
- Date class is scheduled to begin: Semester runs 2/18/18 through 6/23/18
- Class schedule: Fridays 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM; Sundays 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Fri, March 16; Sun, March 18; Fri, March 30; Sun, April 29; Sun, June 3; Sun, June 17
- Duration of class: 3 credit hours
This course is designed to introduce the developing teacher to reading instruction and the development of a reading/writing community in English for English language learners (ELLs). This course is designed to promote continuous improvement in educator practice, and to build confidence and familiarity with research-proven practices for working with ELLs. This course is framed around two module areas: A) ELLs: Their World and Second Language Acquisition Process in the SEI Classroom, and B) Academic Language and Literacy Development in the SEI Classroom. Job Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Education or related field.
- Previous teaching experience (min. 3 years) & MUST be SEI ENDORSED.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University’s mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Additional Information:Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.