Location: Holyoke, MA Category: Adjunct Faculty Posted On: Tue Jan 16 2018 Job Description: Program Description:
The Associate of Science degrees (Career & Transfer) in Foundations of Health are designed to provide students with courses necessary for a variety of careers in healthcare, including completion of a Certified Nurse’s Aide license. Graduates will be eligible to enter the workforce in the hospital, public health, business and long-term care settings or apply for selective programs in health such as radiographic technician, practical nursing, nursing, and veterinary technician. Transfer students will be eligible to transfer to four-year institutions for a variety of health-related programs including (but not limited to): Occupational Therapy, Public Health, Health Administration, Nursing, Health Education, etc.
The course requiring instruction is HTH 210-Field Experience. This is a six credit course in the Foundations of Health Associate Degree program through which students receive their CNA license. This course includes over 147 clinical hours including leadership principles and clinical decision making skills. This course offers a combination of clinical and theory hours, that exceeds the minimum requirements for state licensure. We are looking for 2-3 instructors to assist the primary instructor with the clinical portion of this course, for multiple sections of this course (M/W 4-9:30; T/R 4-9:30; Fri 4-9:30 & Sat 10-2). Requirements for this position include:
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse**
- **Current Massachusetts license without restriction
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in a long-term care setting
- Desired availability to assist instructor with evaluation of student skills
- Prior experience in health education and/or teaching desired
- Assisting with minimum of one course per semester (possibly more)
- 10 hours a week for six weeks (clinical) each semester; possibly additional hours depending on need and availability
- Availability during at least ONE of designated course times: (M/W 4-9:30; T/R 4-9:30; Fri 4-9:30 & Sat 10-2) for full 6 week period March-May 2018. **Please indicate which day/time you are interested/available to teach in your cover letter.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with primary course instructor, and to coordinate clinical instruction for benefit of students in course.
Job Requirements:REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse; Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in a long-term care setting; Prior experience in health education and/or teaching desired; Commitment to and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: College teaching experience; Minimum of two year commitment to assist with curriculum development and instruction of the course.
COMPENSATION: (DCE) Continuing Education scale salary; no benefits; MCCC position
FUNDING SOURCE: Trust Additional Information:Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
– All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
– Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.