Location: Boston, MA Category: Adjunct Faculty Posted On: Tue Jan 9 2018 Job Description: Adjunct instructor needed to teach Thursday nights, 6:00-8:45 PM)
- Teach Legal Research & Writing
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students’ critical thinking skills and enhance understanding
- Develop instructional materials consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies
- Maintain expertise and currency in area of teaching responsibility
- Attend two semiannual faculty meetings for the department
- Juris Doctorate or Master’s Degree in a related discipline required to teach paralegal courses. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Current Bar membership in good standing.
- Knowledgeable with on-line legal research including Westlaw Next and NexiUni (formerly Lexis Nexis)
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- College-level teaching experience, especially in the community college setting, preferred
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES. Additional Information:Salary: $1,066.00 Per Credit Hour
Effective Date: Spring, 2018 semester, open until filled.